On XO-1.5 with 11.3.0/11.3.1 -- hang during shutdown?
martin at laptop.org
Tue Jun 5 10:37:01 EDT 2012
the Dextrose team has been hunting a bug on XO-1.5, on their variant
of 11.3.x ("Dextrose 3" or DX3), and they are pointing out that it
could be a latent or unreported problem in 11.3.x series. It could
also be a problem in their modifications.
While they continue to investigate, it is important to hear whether
anyone has seen XO-1.5s handing during shutdown, on the "Warnings"
- It seems to affect some units, not all. So far it has been seen on
3 units with SN starting with SHC037 .
- Units affected show the symptoms 2 out of 5 boots.
- Seems to be related to umount of /home failing. Adding sync ; sleep
2; before umount seems to cure it; that's their current workaround.
- Their debugging adventures are documented at
- They will be checking whether the symptoms follow the microSD card
or the motherboard, swapping microSD with a "good" unit.
Why is this important? When the unit hangs during shutdown, it is left
in a condition where it can overheat, potentially damaging the unit.
The bottom line: have you seen this issue on XO-1.5 + 11.3.x? Even if
ocassionally? Let us know, and join the bug-hunting party.
martin at laptop.org -- Software Architect - OLPC
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
More information about the Devel