Recent XO-1 OFW had difficulty reading USB stick

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Jun 1 22:58:09 EDT 2012

DISCLAIMER:  I am not asking for help;  I'm just sharing my experiences.

With q2f11.rom on one of my vintage-1997 XO-1s, I could __not__ install
('copy-nand') os12 (12.1.0) from an USB stick -- sooner or later OFW
always stopped on a "file read error".  I finally flashed q2f05.rom to
that XO-1.  Then the 'copy-nand' ran flawlessly (same USB stick).

mikus

p.s.  I also tried q2f11jb.rom - and nearly bricked the XO-1  (I do not
have security deactivated).  Turns out q2f11jb would __not__ read my
"permanent" SD card (which has file develop.sig on it).  And the
previous (failed) install attempt had erased develop.sig from nand.
Lots of fun trying to replace the q2f11jb rom with a rom that would stop
at the ok prompt.