Fwd: Aiksaurus

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:50:20 EDT 2012

I was looking into the status of some packages in the 21018o2-1.75 packages.txt:

aiksaurus-1.2.1-25.fc17.armv7hl
aiksaurus-gtk-1.2.1-25.fc17.armv7hl

http://aiksaurus.sourceforge.net/

This is apparently an English-only thesaurus that had been abandonware
for some time.  See comments below from an Abiword/Enchant developer
and former co-admin on Aiksaurus (dating to 14th May, 2003).

I believe this costs about 1MB of space (word lists mostly it seems)
and my question is whether this is being included thoughtfully or
based on some alleged AbiWord dependency or something.  Even an
English-only thesaurus has some value if English is a language of
instruction or studied as a second language, but one must wonder if
alternatives with better i18n/L10n might not be available.

Just for your consideration.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator