how to default to TOUCHPAD_MODE_PENTABLET?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:56:54 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> In our climate, XO-1 pen tablet mode is usually more reliable than mouse
> mode. I want to start in pen pablet mode by default. For Sugar, I got
> this effect by changing the initialization in the frame's touchpad
> control. This only works for Sugar mode though. How do you suggest I
> change the default in Gnome mode?

What OS are you using? Depending on the OS, you should tweak the
configuration applied during initialization of the system. The values
are those that Walter and pgf mention, now we need to find the right
script to set them in...

On 11.x.y builds (and earlier) you need to edit
/etc/init.d/olpc-configure, look for "hgpk".

On 12.x.y builds, /lib/udev/olpc_mouse_setup is the place.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions