Engadget post on XO Touch

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 04:45:36 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 5:15 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2012, at 11:09 PM, Sameer Verma wrote:
>
> > www.engadget.com/2012/07/26/olpc-xo-touch-1-75-to-use-neonode-tech/
> >
> > The post says "as yet unreleased XO 1.75". What's the official status
> > on the 1.75? Still as yet unreleased?
>
> It's been shipping for some time now.
> I don't know where they got that information.
>
> And the correct name for the new generation will probably be XO-4 and
> XO-4 Touch.

I'm confused:

What's the difference between the XO-4 (without the touch) and the XO-1.75
going to be?

Also, Neonode's press release refers to the touch-enabled device as "OLPC
XO Touch 1.75" which fits in much better with the current naming scheme.
Especially since an XO-4 which will pressumably become available before the
XO 3.0 tablet sees the light of day would make the tablet seem outdated
from day one.

Cheers,
Christoph

--