customization stick broken in 12.1.10 (21018o0.img)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jul 26 10:30:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> The approach I have taken with other releases is to flash the NAND, add
> some activities with a customization stick [1], and then use the
> NAND-blaster to copy the image to all our laptops. When I try the
> customization stick, there is some python exception, but the screen
> powers off almost immediately and I can't read it.

The .pb file for bootanim customisation won't work any more as we have
changed boot animation:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0#Miscellaneous_improvements

Even if you avoid this file it looks like it will still fail, since
the customisation stick chooses user ID 500 for the olpc user, but
this is now 1000.

The customisation stick has been somewhat problematic for a while now,
and starting in 2010 we started to move to the direction where image
customisation should be done by making your own image (which is much
easier than before). Is this an option for you?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder

Thanks,
Daniel