XO battery/performance [Devel Digest, Vol 76, Issue 21]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 16:29:58 EDT 2012

--- On Sun, 7/22/12, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> Actually I believe it is worth the trouble because there is
> never just a single problem that doesn't happen to another
> machine.  If you have this failure then there are
> probably many more.  Its just never been reported.
>
> I'm happy to keep working on this if you don't mind the
> time.

I'm afraid that I can not be of much help.

Let me repeat the problems as I see them, (pretty much as originally stated)
- The battery loses too much charge (~12% in 24h) when in an XO but not when out.
- The battery has a bit decrease capacity (2.75Ah was the max I ever recorded last month)
- The battery miss-communicates its state to the kernel/OS (BTW usually I confirm erratic Sugar readings by looking directly at /sys/class/power_supply/olpc-battery/)

After a month of e-mails we hopefully agree in 2 out of the 3 symptoms and have no causes/solutions yet.
As I said before, the problem needs an engineer if it is to be investigated any further, and I'm not.
You are welcome to the battery.