Man pages on XO

George Hunt georgejhunt at
Sun Jul 22 10:07:31 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm working on turning the XO-1.75 build 12.1.0 into a school server.

I want to make loading man pages an option.

I used yum downloadonly to fetch the man-pages.rpm. Used "rpm -qipl
man-pages" to verify that they load to /usr/share/man/*. Then when I
installed them using "rpm -ivh man-pages", they appeared to be installing.

But /usr/share/man/* is still empty.  It's as if there was a yum macro that
relocated /usr/share/man to /dev/null, but I can't find the setting.

Any ideas of where to look?