XO battery/performance [Devel Digest, Vol 76, Issue 21]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 03:05:32 EDT 2012

--- On Thu, 7/19/12, Richard Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:

> >> - Boot the XO. Sugar or OFW either will work.
> >> - Run on battery and allow the battery to discharge
> until is
> >> says its < 90%
> >> - Connect power and let the battery charge to
> full.
> >> - Reboot XO and stop at OFW.
> >> - ok batman-start
> >> - ok 0 bg-acr!
> >> - Verify the ACR is really zero.
> >> - ok bg-acr@ .bg-acr
> >> (Should print zero)

ACR: -0.42

> >> - Remove battery
> >> (Wait 24 hours, you can do whatever you want with
> the XO)
> >> - Boot XO and stop at OFW
> >> - ok batman-start
>  - Insert battery
> >> - ok bg-acr@ .bg-acr

ACR: -0.84

- ok batman-stop
- Poweroff
- Remove AC
- 25 h battery IN the XO
- remove battery
- Plug AC
- Boot XO and stop at OFW
- ok batman-start
- Insert battery
- ok bg-acr@ .bg-acr

ACR -469.52

- ok batman-stop
- Remove AC
- ok boot

Power LED red. Sugar says 2% battery but works!
Reboot
- ok bg-acr@ .bg-acr (no batman.fth/batman-start)
ACR -526.32 , LED red, Sugar 2% battery
poweroff
-remove battery
-insert battery
- ok bg-acr@ .bg-acr (no batman.fth/batman-start)
ACR -566.32 , LED red, Sugar auto shuts off
Tried also after batman-start/stop remove battery etc,  no difference LED red, Sugar auto shuts off.

Booted another OS, power LED red but works fine with battery (used it for 10-15 min)

Moved the battery on another XO just in case, power LED red, Sugar auto shuts off.
Booted up with battery, plugged AC,  power LED stays red. Remove battery,  power LED stays red! Powerd off with AC power LED stays red! Remove AC, power LED went off.
Booted without battery, inserted battery, battery shows empty and charging. Charged to about 15% slowly, then jumped to 81% and then 97% in under 1 min and the power LED turned green!

Now, you are going to say again that I do not know what I'm doing, but sure none of these looks very normal behavior to me and may have to do with how the battery "communicates" its state than its state per se.