Patch written for "Presence not updated, when client disconencts from telepathy-salut"

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Mon Jul 9 12:46:04 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Ajay Garg <ajay at> wrote:
> Just sent them a notification :)

Ok, that's a start.

> Reason is that, because "avahi-daemon" requires "avahi-core" to complete its
> linking process, whereas "avahi-core" would need "avahi-daemon" to complete
> its linking process (since the two values will be read from the context of
> "avahi-daemon").
> That puts us in a catch-22 situation.

Valid concern. I'd say do ask about that to the Avahi developers.

My practical concern is that it may be tricky for your patch, as it is
today, to land upstream. The sooner we hear from avahi devs, the

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC