Patch written for "Presence not updated, when client disconencts from telepathy-salut"

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Mon Jul 9 10:49:04 EDT 2012

Hi Martin.

The patch link was embedded later into the email ::
http://people.sugarlabs.org/ajay/root/freedesktop_bug_51501/common-patch-for-f14-and-f17/customize-avahi-default-ttl-values.patch

Also, updating the tickets with the patch.. (sorry about not doing that
before..).

Also, the details are like this ::

a)
The patch is applied to Avahi, and the patched (avahi) rpms upgraded.

The (required 6) pre-compiled rpms are present at ::
http://people.sugarlabs.org/ajay/root/freedesktop_bug_51501/platforms/f14/RPMS/
http://people.sugarlabs.org/ajay/root/freedesktop_bug_51501/platforms/f17/RPMS/

b)
This patch IS responsible for adding two files to "/etc/avahi" ::

            * "/etc/avahi/avahi-default-ttl.conf"
            * "/etc/avahi/avahi-default-ttl-host-name.conf"

c)
As per the usecase, the XO-2 disapplears from XO-1's neighborhood view,
after the number of seconds specified in the file
"/etc/avahi/avahi-default-ttl.conf".

d)
I was not able to any "observable" difference between the two "#defines" -
AVAH-DEFAULT-TTL, and AVAHI-DEFAULT-TTL-HOST-NAME.
So, for all purposes, they may be configured the same value (via the two
"conf" files).

e)
Actually specifying the values in the two conf files, would have to be done
at the OOB stage (as correctly identified by Martin).
A value of about 20 seconds (for each) would be good.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay