Opportunistic sleep and userspace wakeup sources merged upstream

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 6 17:08:05 EDT 2012

Just wanted to point out to those that didn't realise until now, like me:

Linux 3.5 has some interesting new features: they merged something
similar to Android wakelock support which allows userspace to generate
wakeup events (a.k.a. "don't sleep now, I'm doing something
important") in /sys/power.

Allow the kernel to trigger a system transition into a global sleep
state automatically whenever there are no active wakeup sources.