Nandblasting not working in one xo

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jul 3 00:31:16 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 09:45:56AM +0545, Roshan Karki wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > Is the message "No multicast NAND server" displayed?
>
> Yes, I get this message.

Thanks.

Re: the multinand-traffic? command

> It returns to OK prompt. No 0 or any thing.

That is a surprise.  It may mean an abort happened.  But if an abort
happened, then you should not get message "No multicast NAND server".
Confusing.

Let us debug further together.

Test 1: check that you typed in the command exactly as shown:

	ok open-wlan 6 multinand-traffic? . close-wlan

The . (dot, period) is important.  It prints the result.

If dot was typed, proceed to tests below, as these tests are for
finding if an abort happened:

Test 2:

	ok open-wlan close-wlan ." done"

Tell me the output?  Will be either ok or done ok.

Test 3:

	ok open-wlan ." opened"
	ok 6 multinand-traffic? . ." done"

Tell me the output?

Test 4:

	ok open-wlan 6 multinand-traffic? . close-wlan
	ok ftrace

Tell me the output?

> I also have access point in another room 10m away. I averaged around
> -75 with antenna uncovered.

Your -75 feels like low signal for me.  Try another XO?

> No worries :) . I think I should once send this XO for
> maintenance.  Any other checks you want me to do before that?

I'm not yet convinced you have an antenna problem or a software
problem.  Something wrong is happening, but I don't know what it is
yet.

Do you have another NANDblaster nearby, for different XO model?

For maintenance: check to see if the antenna cable is twisted.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/