Nandblasting not working in one xo

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 2 22:50:47 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 02:19:34PM +0545, Roshan Karki wrote:
> Nandbalsting simply doesn't start in that problematic xo.

Could you please give more detail on this?

Please try the nb command manually:

	ok nb

Is the message "No multicast NAND server" displayed?

> no error and I also can connect and use Internet from sugar. Though
> all of the xo in sets have same firmware I even tried updating the
> firmware to latest version to see if it would help.
>
> "open-wlan 6 multinand-traffic? . close-wlan" doesn't return
> ffffffff. I tried changing server, starting them in different
> channel. What could be the problem here?

This is a good test, only if your sender is operating on channel 6.
If it is not, the test is not good.

You say it doesn't return ffffffff.  What does this test do instead?

I have tested here.  If the multinand-traffic? command is not
returning ffffffff then it should return 0 (zero).

If it returns zero, then it is because there was no multicast traffic
received with a valid multicast address.

Do you see zero, or does it not return to ok prompt at all?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 10:53:54AM +0545, Roshan Karki wrote:
> I performed the diagnostic in one of the working XO as well. The
> outcome for single antenna selected mode was exact i.e. covering
> left antenna didn't change
>
> anything while covering right did in both antennas.  While in
> diversity mode covering any caused average RSSI to decrease (number
> increase).

Thanks.  I have tested with two XO-1 and see identical trends.

What are your results in average RSSI dB, with antenna uncovered?

Here are my results.  Numbers are average RSSI dB after 10 seconds.
Access point is in another room 10m away.

Test start, SKU1 -59, SKU39 -56.

SKU1 covered left antenna -69, covered right antenna -68,
SKU39 covered left antenna -66, covered right antenna -70.
Conclusion: both antennas are in use.

press 1, SKU1 -62, SKU39 -54
SKU1 covered left antenna -62, covered right antenna -82,
SKU39 covered left antenna -54, covered right antenna -71,
Conclusion: right antenna is in exclusive use.

press d, SKU1 -59, SKU39 -56
SKU1 covered left antenna -76, covered right antenna -75,
SKU39 covered left antenna -62, covered right antenna -66,
Conclusion: both antennas are in use.

press 2, SKU1 -62, SKU39 -56
SKU1 covered left antenna -64, covered right antenna -77,
SKU39 covered left antenna -55, covered right antenna -70,
Conclusion: right antenna is in exclusive use.

press d, SKU1 -61, SKU39 -57
SKU1 covered left antenna -74, covered right antenna -66,
SKU39 covered left antenna -63, covered right antenna -69,
Conclusion: both antennas are in use.

press 0, SKU1 -60, SKU39 -57
SKU1 covered left antenna -75, covered right antenna -70,
SKU39 covered left antenna -66, covered right antenna -67,
Conclusion: both antennas are in use.

press d, SKU1 -61, SKU39 -57

press l, SKU1 -62, SKU39 -55
SKU1 covered left antenna -62, covered right antenna -77,
SKU39 covered left antenna -55, covered right antenna -69,
Conclusion: right antenna is in exclusive use.

press d, SKU1 -60, SKU39 -57

press r, SKU1 -62, SKU39 -54
SKU1 covered left antenna -62, covered right antenna -82,
SKU39 covered left antenna -55, covered right antenna -67,
Conclusion: right antenna is in exclusive use.

press d, SKU1 -59, SKU39 -56

Overall conclusion: XO-1 SKU1 and SKU39 have diversity receive and can
also be configure for right antenna only.  The test cannot configure
for left antenna only.

Therefore this test is not very useful to you, sorry!

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/