short read of zdata file

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Jan 13 03:19:17 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> After checking what cjb suggested (checking file length, md5, etc):
> - If you haven't done it in a while, upgrade OFW first.
> - Try a different USB key
>
> Let us know what fixes it,
> wad

Checked md5sum and it matched.
Ran the original USB key a couple of times, and it gave the same
error, but booted into a screen the second time, with font sizes, etc.
messed up.
Changed USB stick from Sandisk Cruzer Freedom 4GB to PNY Attache 4GB.
Rechecked md5sum on the PNY stick. It matched and PNY fs-update worked
flawlessly.

Let me know if you need anything else.

cheers,
Sameer