[OLPC New Zealand] OLPC XO-3 on slashdot front page right now

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon Jan 9 06:11:20 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 08:56 -0500, Walter Bender wrote:
> I agree with your "pragmatic argument", but... I am almost certain
> that what is being demoed on the XO-3.0 at CES is in fact Sugar
> running on Fedora.

It looks to be all Sugar so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1238R-QY31E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBin1tc4T5c

Does the XO-3 have multitouch? Not knowing anything about where gnome
and sugar are going with tablet support, the first thing I think of is
the macbook touchpad gestures. Could they translate onto a tablet? That
could preserve the pointer-click-drag-scroll paradigm?