XULRunner 1.9 On OLPC Horizontal Scroll Bar Issue

anthony at evolutionindesignz.com anthony at evolutionindesignz.com
Fri Jan 6 10:56:02 EST 2012

Hello there;

I encountered an issue when using the XULRunner 1.9.1.9, the default
version of XULRunner on the OLPC computers. No horizontal scroll bar
appears when text extends beyond the width of the screen.
I installed XULRunner 8.0 and called my XULRunner application from this
newer version. The horizontal scroll bar appears.

i) Does this imply that there is a bug in XULRunner 1.9.1.9, or is
there a setting that can be used to make the horizontal scrollbar
appear?

ii)If it's a bug, is there a workaround? Or are there plans to update
the default version of XULRunner on the OLPC computers? (Changing font
size has been explored, and will probably not solve all the issues
involved.)