Fwd: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.10 Released
cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:15:54 EST 2012
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Savoye <rob at welcomehome.org>
Date: Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.10 Released
To: Development mailing list <Gnash-dev at gnu.org>
Gnash 0.8.10 Released!
Gnash 0.8.10 has just been released. Gnash is the GNU Flash player, a
free/libre SWF movie player, with all the source code released under
GPLv3 or later. Gnash is available as both a standalone player and
also as a browser plugin for Firefox (and all other Gecko based
browsers), Chromium and Konqueror. Currently Gnash has been ported to
most GNU/Linus distros, embedded GNU/Linux, *BSD, non x86 architectures
- ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, and even 64 bit processors. And yes, Gnash plays
Improvements & fixed bugs since 0.8.10 release are:
* Qt4 GUI supports mouse wheel, clipboard, and screen resolution.
* Enhanced UI support for script limits (abort popups, user prefs).
* BitmapData functions copyPixels(), copyChannel(), perlinNoise()
and noise() implemented.
* Node id mapping in ActionScript XML class implemented (XML.idMap).
* Fix dispatching of Sound.onLoad event, fixing google dict audio.
* Fix support for control tags found after last expected frame
* Fix support for uncompressed sound with gstreamer media handler.
* Implement Button.getDepth(), fix button key events.
* Fixes to startDrag and stopDrag opcodes.
* Implement onSoundComplete() for event sounds (#23020).
* Fix MovieClip.onLoad event dispatching and constant pools handling,
fixing support for movies generated by the evil Adobe Captivate
* Fix unattached Sound.stop() semantic (#33888) enjoy Super Mario!
* OpenVG renderer added.
* Improved framebuffer GUI and touchscreen support.
* Framebuffer now supports using multiple renderers.
* Refactored input device support.
* Fix parsing of lossless 16bit bitmaps, fixing support for movies
generated by the evil TechSmit Camtasia tool (#34625).
* Improved double buffering support for AGG in a framebuffer.
* Thumbnailer for SWF files and GNOME2 desktop config for it.
You can grab the Gnash sources from
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/0.8.10, or from Gnash Git using the
release_0_8_10 branch. Experimental binary packages built by the Gnash
team are also available at http://www.getgnash.org/packages, along with
source snapshots. Binary packages for Debian or RPM based systems will
be available from your GNU/Linux distribution, and from whatever BSD
variant you are using.
- rob -
Gnash-dev mailing list
Gnash-dev at gnu.org
More information about the Devel