[OLPC-AU] [Dextrose] latest test image for testing

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 28 07:48:24 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 22:43 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> Thanks to you and the rest of the team for your hard work on this.
>
> On 28 February 2012 21:22, Jerry Vonau <jerry at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> >   -- auto shutdown after five minutes
>
> I don't think this is a good idea - it can be very disruptive. Suspend
> is much better as it saves a lot of power and still provides quick
> recovery.

That will not be the final setting, the XO does suspend, but didn't
think testers wishing to evaluate powerd wait 5 mins to see if the
shutdown is graceful. I have an eye towards Peter's test case with his
activity installation script, the screen should dim/blank but the
process should continue without having to hit a key to have the script
continue. This will be returned to default for production.

Jerry