[OLPC-AU] lid close while shutting down

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:36:51 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 03:09, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> I've tested; if the lid is closed after the shutdown option is selected
> in Sugar, the lid close suspend is avoided, the screen shows the
> shutdown UL warnings, and within the normal time for a shutdown (i.e.
> depending on the speed of the internal microSD), it turns off the power.
>
> In addition, opening the lid does not cancel the shutdown, nor does
> opening and closing the lid rapidly.

Could OLPC please go work for Microsoft, Lenovo, or anyone else in the
Windows world, because this level of do-the-right-thing seems to be
beyond them. The happy joy of combining standby/shutdown, lid actions,
and docking/undocking is playing Russian Roulette in slooooow motion
in the Twilight Zone. Witness the legions of undead clutching
half-opened laptops as they shuffle around, or frantically plugging in
at the start of the next meeting to find out from which frozen circle
of hell their laptop is ascending.

:-) Thanks for all you do.

--
=S Page