Pretty gnome cursor theme on XO-1.75

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Fri Feb 10 14:55:07 EST 2012

El día 10 de febrero de 2012 13:09, Jon Nettleton
<jon.nettleton at gmail.com> escribió:
> 2012/2/10 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>:
>> El día 10 de febrero de 2012 10:17, Gonzalo Odiard
>> <gonzalo at laptop.org> escribió:
>>> Tested in os27, looks better than before.
>>> Maybe the white line in the border of the circle can be a little wider.
>>> The shadow in the arrow looks very good.
>>> The hand can be improved (look like the line in the base is cutted)
>>
>> I fully agree.
>>
>> With time, I could touch every PNG manually, and left them in 2bpp
>> already (as I did with the cursor), so the GPU does not change them.
>
> The ultimate goal here would be able to fixup the svg so the cursors
> are able to be generated properly.  This means snapping cursors edges
> to the nearest 1px grid point.

I try to fit 1px grid as far as possible:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/cursors_screenshot.png

The SVG > PNG works well for trivial shapes with horizontal or
vertical lines, like:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/test_1px.svg
http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/test_1px.png

(the exported PNG is scaled 400% with no interpolation to better see it)

However, for non-trivial shapes, the lines are blurred and occupy more
than 1 pixel with different shades of gray:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/test_1px-2.svg
http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/test_1px-2.png

What does the hardware do with that?  I expect this (handcrafted 1px
circle in GIMP):

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/cursors_test/test_1px-2-handcrafted.png

--
.. manuq ..