limits on ad-hoc connections

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Feb 8 20:03:50 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at> wrote:
> recommends
> 10 per channel on mesh. Given that 802.11s draft vs ad-hoc is really a
> layer 2 issue, the numbers should be in that neighborhood?

I would fix that document instead, to bring it from dreams of happy
fluffy bunnies to the realities of what's been seen to work.

Back in the day, we spent a considerable time at OLPC waiting for mesh
to work, looking at our tests outcomes with optimistic eyes, and the
hope that all we needed was just one more bugfix. So don't trust the
networking performance statements of documents dating back to that

{ Perhaps I wrote that paragraph you refer to. I wrote a few like
that. I am sorry. Mea culpa. }

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC