13.1.0 development build 19 released

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:57:28 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> > XO-4 now has HDMI support in Linux (#12350). Other kernel fixes:
>
> Is there some "user guide" about this?
>
> I mean, what I need to know to make this work? I have a 32'' LED TV
> and a 23'' LCD Monitor that I would like to try with the XO-4 HDMI
> output. Both, the TV and the monitor have this kind of connector[1].
>
> So, should I just need a cable with a mini-HDMI on one side (to be
> connected in the XO) and a "common" HDMI connector on the other side
> (to be connected into the TV or Monitor)?

The cable you need is micro-HDMI to HDMI.  As a general rule, HDMI
connectors can roughly be broken down like this.

full size HDMI - Displays, Set-top boxes (cable, blue-ray, etc), full-size
desktops and laptops.
mini HDMI - Digital camcorders (there are some other oddball hardware but
very rare)
micro HDMI - smart phones, tablets, laptops

Then if your monitor or TV supports 720p, 1080p, or another CEA standard
resolution then things should just work.

Note: If you have a B1 XO4 then you will need to cut back the jacket on the
micro-hdmi end of the cable so it can plug further into the chassis.

Hope that helps.

Jon