Auckland Testing Summary 15 November 2012

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Dec 15 23:20:58 EST 2012

On 12/15/2012 07:15 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
> I generally only raise tickets if I have a reproducible problem to
> report. That said, we should probably raise a ticket complaining about
> the whole "failed to start" problem, where that message appears even
> though the activity has started. I've never made any sense of this, it
> happens quite frequently but I have no reliable steps to reproduce. (I
> looked at the tracker has many failed to start tickets, but I didn't
> find one that describes this problem.)

I believe the symptom has to do with the presence of multiple windows by
an Activity.  Sugar starts the initial window - if in time certain
things do not happen in that window, the "failed to start" message
eventually gets displayed.  But if in the meantime the Activity is
proceeding in ANOTHER window (e.g., screen) , the eventual message in
the initial window is misleading.

mikus