flashing a XO 4

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Dec 2 05:07:50 EST 2012

On 02/12/12 22:59, Sameer Verma wrote:
> I've tried flashing a XO 4 with os15 from
> http://build.laptop.org/13.1.0/os15/xo-4/
>
> I got the .zd file on a USB stick and ran fs-update at the openfirmware
> prompt. It reflashes, but after rebooting, it sits at the ok prompt of
> openfirmware.

I had this too yesterday. I fixed it by flashing the latest firmware.
After perhaps 2 or 3 more reboots with firmware update messages, it
booted normally.

I vaguely understand that there might be a bug with an early firmware
which stops the auto update from taking place during first boot, unless
you've manually updated past this one, you won't get new firmwares just
by flashing new operating systems.