Setting the time

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Aug 29 04:42:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

The primary need is for the XOs in the school to have the same time (to
a few seonds, even a minute or so, is probably ok. The primary need is
to have information from the XOs be somewhat consistent. The school
server time should also be accurate to a few minutes, of course.

At the moment, it is off by some hours because of problems setting the
time zone. Some of the XOs are off by a day or two.

Once I get XS-0.7 set up (currently using XS-0.6 (NEXS version), it
should be easy to set the school server time. Having a gps stick would
reduce the burden on the school staff to administer although it may be
possible to get low bandwidth access to the internet via a gsm modem
(edge) which could allow ntp synchronization.

What I would really like is a method to allow the XOs to synchronize
with the school server as they connect. This should happen two or three
days a week when school is in session.

Yours,

Tony