12.1.0 release candidate 8 (build 21) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Aug 28 15:52:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 12.1.0
software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/12.1.0-21/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/12.1.0-21/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/12.1.0-21/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

This is expected to be the final release candidate before official release.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new and are things that we will aim to fix in the time remaining
before release.

Compared to 12.1.0 release candidate 7 (build 20), we have fixed:

The XO-1.5 was hanging when suspending while networking was disabled (#12043)

Browse was crashing after logging into the school server moodle page
for the first time (SL#3825)

Some javascript-related Browse crashiness was fixed on XO-1.75 (SL#3776)

Thanks!