Impossible to set date in 11.3.0?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Aug 27 14:24:56 EDT 2012

quozl at laptop.org said:
> "date" followed by a successful normal shutdown should work, because a
> normal shutdown runs hwclock ... but "hwclock --systohc" is handy in case
> you aren't sure that a normal shutdown will happen next.

It used to do that on shutdown as part of /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt and friends,
but I think it got dropped as part of the switch to systemd.   >grep hwclock
/etc -r< doesn't find anything.

Does anybody know if it moved to someplace I haven't looked yet and/or if it
was deliberately dropped or just fell through the cracks?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.