Impossible to set date in 11.3.0?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Sat Aug 25 15:24:19 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at> wrote:
> Surely we can distinguish secured from unsecured laptops and allow
> unsecured laptops to set the date?

Sure. Nobody's done the UI work for that, Sugar-side.

 - In all builds, hwclock is available from cli
 - On 11.3.x  and earler builds you can install the appropriate gnome
control panel.
 - On 12.x.y builds, gnome control panels aren't so easy to make work,
'cause they need clutter.

Also, we should run ntp by default, or at least ntpdate on an NM hook.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC