[Sugar-devel] Installing gstreamer media codecs on XO-1
david at leeming-consulting.com
Wed Apr 4 01:06:02 EDT 2012
A few stumbling blocks for me;
(1) the two localinstall commands below each need Internet connections to
succeed on a fresh install, or the error is "cannot retrieve repository
(2) I don't know what to use for "package1 package 2 etc"; I tried using
gstreamer-plugins-ugly and gstreamer-ffmpeg and it says "no match for
(3) So I also need to download the dependencies of the two rpmfusion rpms.
What is the "package name"?
start from a fresh install on an XO
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck rpmfusion-free-stable.rpm
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck rpmfusion-nonfree-stable.rpm
yum install yum-utils (may be yumutils)
yumdownloader --resolve package1 package2 ... packageN
Once yumdownloader is done, the relevant rpms and their dependencies
are in the myrpms directory. Copy the directory to USB flash disk.
This has been the preparation stage.
Now take that USB flash disk to existing XOs, command is:
rpm -Uvh /media/mydisk/myrpms/*rpm
yum localinstall /media/mydisk/myrpms/*rpm
This thread started a long tome ago on devel at lists.laptop.org, it has
nothing to do with sugar. Now sure how we landed here.
martin.langhoff at gmail.com
martin at laptop.org -- Software Architect - OLPC
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
More information about the Devel