Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 05:34:42 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you guys still using this?
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose-platform/mainline/blobs/master/etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh
>
> If so, you should remove it IF there is no way to guarantee that it will run
> before NM picks up the device. At least it will avoid the crash...
>
> I would ask in the NM community if there is a better way to disable a
> particular device, like banning a device(?).

Edit /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

Add a line to the [main] section like

no-auto-default=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (obviously replacing the x's with the
mac-address of your mesh device.)

This does not stop NM from managing your device, but does stop it from
auto-connecting the device.  You would still be able to go into NM and
manually enable the mesh network.   If you want NM to completely leave
the device alone you can go one more step.

Also in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

change the plugins line to

plugins=ifcfg-rh,keyfile

Then add a section that looks like this.

[keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=mac:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (Where X's are the mac address
of the device you want to ignore)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions.

-Jon