Determining whether we are doing pretty boot -- in olpc-configure - 12.1.0

Martin Langhoff martin at
Thu Apr 26 19:05:15 EDT 2012

How do we determine whether we are doing pretty boot? I am looking at
olpc-configure at this moment.

Right now our dracut module only looks at the dcon state -- but then
it starts fiddling with it so those who come later are stuck.

Could it frob /proc/cmdline, tacking a "prettyboot" at the end? Should
we do that from olpc.fth instead? Any other sane mechanism for
dracut-modules-olpc to pass on some global variables to userland?

 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC