Porting alsa-info to sysfs -- for ARM platforms

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Mon Apr 9 17:35:52 EDT 2012

Hi Jaroslav, Takashi,

I am addressing you, because you seem to be the alsa-info maintainers. I am
part of OLPC's dev team, and our latest XO laptop model is based on a very
power-efficient ARM CPU.

One of the oddities of the ARM platform is that it doesn't have a PCI bus,
so alsa works fine, but the PCI bus isn't there. More practically, lspci
isn't there so alsa-info doesn't want to play ball.

The same info can be obtained from sysfs on modern linuxen. Are there any
plans to port (or fall back) to reading sysfs? Or maybe a better way?

cheers,

 - ask interesting questions