12.1.0 devel build 6 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Apr 3 01:56:36 EDT 2012

I've already written a ticket saying that on the XO-1, 12.1.0 does not
define any /dev/mmcblk0 (or anything) whose partition could be mounted
onto /bootpart.

Well, on the XO-1, 12.1.0 build os6 goes one step further -- it does not
define any /dev/mmcblk1 (or anything) whose partition I could mount as
my "permanent" SD card.

I had to remove my SD card from the "external" (bottom of screen) socket
on the XO-1, and plug it into an external USB reader, for me to be able
to mount it on os6 as my "permanent" storage device.  [At least, on the
XO-1 os5 *would* define a device for the SD card that was inserted into
the "external" (bottom of screen) socket on the XO-1.]

BTW - when I left the entry (which my customization had placed there) in
/etc/fstab for my "permanent" SD card, os6 would not boot -- it would go
into the prompt for emergency mode, then when I ctl-D would after a
while again go into the prompt for emergency mode, etc., etc.

mikus