Command to power cycle

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Sep 8 13:24:13 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at> wrote:
> However, I've noticed that if I leave the machine alone for many hours, then
> wake it back up, the little gadget cranks up the external monitor like a
> charm as it restarts.  I was kinda looking for a better work-around until
> the ticket gets fixed.  Right now my workaround is to use an XO 1.5 for

Quick press of the power btn should do the trick of getting it into
"dark"(monitor off) sleep. Should be equivalent to Paul's suggestion.

A quick press again and the unit is back up.

If it's a user-triggered action, seems easier than typing commands :-)

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC