MMP2 Interrupt Controller forcing IRQ

Andrei E. Warkentin andrey.warkentin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:28:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a question about the ICU controller in the XO 1.75. I was
looking into porting over and extending the FIQ debugger onto the XO (which
allows debugging wedged/deadlocked kernels), and was wondering if it
was possible to force triggering a particular IRQ (not FIQ).

It's a feature common to SoCs where you have many cores (uncoherent
ones at that,
such as an AP and a service/power/control core), and my understanding is that
the MMP2 SoC is one of these - if I understand correctly, you can
route an interrupt to the SP.

Is this what the MMP2_ICU_SP_IRQ_SEL/MMP2_ICU_PJ4_IRQ_SEL/MMP2_ICU_PJ4_FIQ_SEL
regs are for?

Thanks,