OFW unsecure kernel/initramfs load from zip file

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Sep 21 11:21:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Thanks Mitch for the sample code, I'm attaching what I have now, which
> seems to be working, and implements the above.
> It also allows for a mix of (e.g.) vmlinuz and runrd.zip, always
> preferring the unzipped version even if its partner ramdisk/kernel can
> only be found in a zip file.
> Could you take a quick look, does this look solid?

One lingering question is how OFW deals with mounting/unmounting.
I know that some words (in some contexts?) cause the disk to be
mounted, then the command to be executed, then the disk unmounted.

Will the previously attached code cause a lot of mounts/unmounts? I'm
particularly worried that it would slow down boot noticably. The ideal
of course is that it only gets mounted once, before this code