XO-1.5 microphone jack supports stereo recording

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Sep 14 13:27:57 EDT 2011

Walter Bender recently pointed out to me that the Microphone jack on the
XO-1.5 supports stereo recording.  This is a bit unusual or at least
unexpected, as I have mostly seen monaural computer microphones.

I have since confirmed that this is true, and the stereo separation appears
to work properly with audio signals.  The functionality is actually
mentioned at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_1.5#External_connectors , but easy
to glance over.

So feel free to make applications which use dual-channel or two analog
sensors, as they should work properly.

And if I'm incorrect or there is a limitation, I'm sure someone will
explain.

---
SJG