rpm-gpg-key problem on os4, xo 1.75

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 10:59:12 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Gabriel Eirea <geirea at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/9/10 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:
>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Gabriel Eirea <geirea at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> With os4 in an xo 1.75 I try to do "yum install emacs" from the
>>> Ctrl-Alt-F2 console and get the error:
>>>
>>> GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 14] Could not open/read file:
>>> ///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-arm
>>>
>>> In fact, the file does not exist. There are other files like
>>> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-i386 and other architectures but not arm.
>>>
>>> This did not happen with os42.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to import that key?
>>
>> Just disable the key in the repo. Do the following:
>>
>> cd /etc/yum.repos.d
>> sed .i 's/gpgcheck=1/gpgcheck=0/' fedora*repo
>
> Thank you, Peter, that solved the problem (changing .i for -i in the
> sed command).
>
> Anyway, wouldn't it be better to include the missing gpg key?

It would be if there was such a thing. The F-14 arm packages aren't
signed yet and the key hasn't been generated as a result :-)

I was disabling it as part of the builds but as someone got impatient
for another release and jumped the gun I never got the chance to
actually generate and test things like this in the release. It will be
fixed properly in os5, and hopefully before long we'll have signed
packages.

Peter