Sad face

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Sep 11 04:05:33 EDT 2011

John,
  As much as I respect you and your goals, I must
point out that "DRM-locked machines" are contractually
required by all OLPC deployments (not our choice) above a
certain size.   If OLPC stopped offering some "DRM" solution,
we would simply lose in the marketplace to those (Intel/Android)
that completely ignore any user rights.

Cheers,
wad