11.3.0 build 4 released, for *XO-1.75*, XO-1.5 and XO-1

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sat Sep 10 11:16:02 EDT 2011

The version logic is indeed present for all signed files (fs.zip bootfw.zip,
...) in newer XO firmware builds.  That is to say - if no fs.zip or similar
file without a digit is found, each platform will then look for an fs#.zip
file with the appropriate digit.   Older XO-1 and XO-1.5 firmware builds do
not have this logic, so people doing significant upgrades of these will
still need to only have one XO-1 or XO-1.5 fs.zip file on the USB stick at a
time.

But the signed files still reference unsigned files.  So the fs?.zip files
themselves will need to point to different file names.

Currently builds are unsigned.  To the best of my knowledge there is no
separate "developer unlocked" signing key we could use for wide-scale
testing.

---
SJG