risk factor - ext4 and disk corruption

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Wed Sep 7 13:26:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:52 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> The classic trigger for corruption problems (especially w. SD cards)
> is sudden power off events.   I believe we now have the ability

Wrote http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/11220/fstorture.sh which
uses sysrq to tell the kernel to do a hard reboot. Happy to replace
that with a direct EC command issued via debugfs if we have one.

[ OTOH, Jon's case sounded like linux-land hang, so would be closer to
what I am currently triggering with sysrq. ]

Run

bash -x /media/myusb/fstorture.sh install

It will enable sysrq, copy itself to /usr/local/bin, add a call to
itself to rc.local.

I'm running this on 2 sku 198 units on my desk. Cycles in boottime + (rand%60).

cheers,

 - ask interesting questions