risk factor - ext4 and disk corruption

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Sep 7 12:52:38 EDT 2011

The classic trigger for corruption problems (especially w. SD cards)
is sudden power off events.   I believe we now have the ability
to tell the EC to auto-power on the laptop, so you can just plug it
into a lamp timer set to cycle on/off every ten minutes or so
and let it run...

When you say that the entire 11.2.0 development cycle
was done with ext4, was that released and abused extensively ?

Cheers,
wad