[Testing] 11.3.0 release candidate 3 (build 882) released

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Tue Oct 25 21:54:42 EDT 2011

My thinking was along the lines of Paul's in his comment in #11304:
consistently disable DPMS/blanking/etc from X hooks, and let powerd
consistently control it, across all platforms.

Is it a powerd bug that it doesn't DTRT on XO-1? Or maybe there's a
limitation on XO-1 (maybe the kernel we ship doesn't expose the right
controls to powerd...) and it makes sense to rely on DPMS there...

In any case, I didn't do it with any special knowledge of XO-1 specifics. I
was just trying to make code and behaviour consistent across hw platforms.
Which may well been a naive move.

cheers,

{ Martin Langhoff - one laptop per child }