EC corruption by q2f04rc firmware

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Oct 23 19:38:50 EDT 2011

It may be that my setup is different from yours.  I installed os882 on
an XO-1 and booted;  then installed q2f04rc.rom and booted.  So far, the
various logs from powerd are all reporting 'Full' (the XO-1 is plugged
in to A/C).  I will wait and see if the battery charge goes down with time.

By the way, on a different XO-1 which first had q2e48.rom installed,
then had os882 installed -- (without a prior EC reset having been done
by pulling the battery) -- at the ok prompt the green native keyboard
was unresponsive (nothing typed in showed up; nor was it recognized).  I
had to reboot with an external USB keyboard plugged in -- then I could
enter text at the ok prompt from the external keyboard.  [This XO_1
never had q2f04rc applied.]

mikus