EC corruption by q2f04rc firmware

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 15:42:13 EDT 2011

Used q2f04rc firmware in my old XO-1 (os882) and I got repetitive EC corruption requiring removal of battery to reset.
The most reliable method to trigger  corruption is to suspend the XO-1 (power button).
All the XO lights go off there is one blink of the camera led, then the charge light comes up for 1 second (while not plugged in an outlet), then everything goes off (no blinking power light).
On wakeup keyboard and touchpad are dead, but an external mouse works fine.
On restart after that, OFW suggests to reset the EC by removing battery and power plug.
Before I stumbled on the suspend trick, I had a keyboard miss-mapping that also required EC reset to fix.
Back to q2e48 everything is back to normal.