skype on XO-1.75

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:07:16 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Chris Leonard
<cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some folks from RIT have already Sugarized something (not that I've ever
> tried it) I also have no idea whether it would work on an XO 1.75
>
> Open Video Chat 1
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4305

It seems like it's early days for that app. No updates for over a year
(are they working on it?), no STUN or anything to get out of a NAT
trap. No interop with other tools mentioned.

Peter clarified in a private email that current Gnome uses Telepathy
to interop with various other tools (gchat, msn), and apparently can
do voice + video. This exists today, and has a reasonably mature
codebase... that is in use in Sugar too.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions