[Sugar-devel] Potential volunteer offering technical writing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:36:30 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
>> As for the use of FLOSSManuals as the source and L10n workflow for the
>> Help Activity, sadly, I think the more pressing challenge may be the
>> lack of documentation of the process employed by Seth and his
>> collaborators in the original Help Activity creation from FLOSSManual
>> sources.
>
> I am not worried about that.

Well, yes and no :-)

> The help activity is only a modified Browse activity with a lot of html
> files in a directory.
> I think there are different tasks and will be done by different people at
> different times:
> * Create a updated version of the documentation in Floss manuals.

Yes

> * Update the help activity

Right, here I am not sure if you have seen:  the current Help activity
is a combination of several floss manuals mixed together. And it looks
like it may have some tweaks and customizations.

> * Translate the manuals (like we did with 'Make your own Sugar Activities')

Yep, though I think on this track we all agree that you'd really make
a different activity for each language...

> Would be good if the new manuals are cloned and we can  keep the old ones to
> the users using the old version of Sugar

+10 on this. Some Sugar versions are widely used...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions