downgrade firmware

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:07:49 EDT 2011

If the laptops have a "newer" (but broken) OFW in /boot/bootfw.zip,
then you can downgrade it, but in the next boot it will be re-upgraded
to the version in /boot/bootfw.zip

If that is actually the problem you are seeing, then,

 - You can try to delete or replace /boot/bootfw.zip in your same
script to have /boot/bootfw.zip in sync with what you are flashing.

 - You can re-spin the "older but correct" OFW you have with a newer
version string

cheers,