11.3.0 build 8 released, for XO-1.75, XO-1.5 and XO-1

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Oct 2 15:00:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 02 2011, Chris Ball wrote:
> Yum doesn't work here on os8 for xo-1.75, it gives:
>
> Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: fedora.
>
> I discovered that "sed -ei 's/https/http/g' /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo"
> fixes the problem; maybe we're not shipping the https cert or something.

Dennis Gilmore worked it out on IRC -- my clock wasn't in the right
year, with the result that the SSL cert wasn't in its valid range.
(It's a shame the error from yum doesn't distinguish between a simple
404 and an SSL transaction error.)

So, if you see the above error and no-one else seems to be having
problems, check your system date.  :)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>